Unit Tax and Money Exchange
Allocated teaching periods – 7
– To solve and test the behavioral arithmetic problems on daily life activities using the mathematical instruction and logical thought.
– To collect and solve the problems of value added tax and money exchange in daily life activities.
Level-wise learning objectives
S.N. LEVELS OBJECTIVES
1. Knowledge (K) – To define value added tax
– To tell the current rate of VAT used in Nepal.
– To state the formula for finding the VAT amount when selling price and VAT rate are given.
– To relate the marked price, discount amount, VAT amount and selling price including VAT.
– To state buying/selling rate of money exchange.
– To recall revaluation and devaluation of currency.
– To describe the VAT exempted goods or services.
– To compare the price excluding and including VAT
2. Understanding (U) – To find the rate of discount/VAT
– To covert the currencies of different countries.
– To find the money with commission
– To solve the problems on VAT.
3. Application (A) – To find profit or loss in money exchange when devaluation/revaluation of currency is given
– To solve the real life problems based on money exchange.
– To mathematize the contextual problems on VAT and solve
4. High Ability (HA) them.
Required Teaching Materials/ Resources
VAT bills, money exchange rates published in newspaper, chart paper, sign pen, etc.